Canvas has the option to send messages to your classmates without the need of email addresses. To get started, simply navigate to your Canvas Inbox and follow these steps to send messages to group users and to send messages to individual course users.
Can students communicate with each other in canvas?
Students can communicate with each other using Inbox in Canvas.
How can students contact other students in canvas?
You can communicate with other people in your course at any time. To access your Conversation inbox, click on “Inbox” in the left-side global navigation. When instructors send messages out via the Conversation inbox feature in Canvas, the message will go to your Canvas Inbox, as well as your NNU Gmail address.
How do you chat with students on canvas?
How do I use inline chat as a student?
- Open Course. In Global Navigation, click the Courses link  and click the name of your course .
- View Chat. Chat messages appear in the content window.
- Send Message. To send a chat message, enter your message in the chat window . …
- Hide Chat.
Can you live chat in canvas?
The Chat tool in Canvas allows students and teachers to interact in real time. Notes: The Chat tool must be enabled for your institution before it can be used in Canvas courses. … When Chat is enabled at the account level, it is enabled by default in all courses within the account.
How do I see other students emails on canvas?
Yes. Click on the “Course Emailer” tab and then click the link that says “[#] members”. This will list all students and their email addresses.
Does Canvas have a chat function?
Canvas Chat, a basic tool for real-time, text-based communication, is available in all Canvas courses well as in Canvas groups. When enabled in the course navigation menu, Chat is available for use by anyone in the class.
Does Canvas have 24 hour support?
Admins can call Canvas Support 24/7/365. … Admins can call Canvas Support 24/7/365. Admins can escalate tickets to Canvas Support in the Canvas Support ticketing system. All users can contact Canvas Support directly by phone, live chat, or email / webform.
How do I report a problem in canvas?
For Canvas Problems, Contact Canvas Support
- Click on the Help button in the upper right corner of your user dashboard.
- There are four ways to contact technical support. …
- Be sure to be very specific when detailing your problem, include your name, course number and name, and what you were doing when the problem occurred.