Career Book List: Finance
- Counting Money by Tanya Thayer
Presents an overview of the amount of money in a penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and dollar.
- The Berenstain Bears Trouble with Money by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
Brother and Sister Bear find ways to work for money for a video game. Teaches kids the importance of spending and saving.
- The Berenstain Bears’ Dollars and Sense by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Brother and Sister have trouble managing their allowances. Mama comes up with a way to teach them the value of money – with a checkbook.
- A Dollar for a Penny by Julie Glass
Penny sets up a lemonade stand and at the end of the day, counts the money she has made, equaling a dollar. Shows how different coins can be added together to equal different amounts.
- Pigs will be Pigs: Fun with Math and Money by Amy Axelrod
When the Pig family eats all their food, they decide to go out to eat, but the piggy bank is empty! The family searches the house for money and then reward themselves with dinner. Readers can tally the amount of money found and see what they can afford on the restaurant menu.
- Little Critter: Just Saving My Money by Mercer Mayer
When Little Critter wants a skateboard, he takes all sorts of jobs to save up money.
- Alexander, Who Used to be Rich Last Sunday by Judith Viorst
When Alexander’s grandparents give him a dollar, he is rich. The next week, he wants to buy a walkie-talkie, but he has spent all his money. Teaches about money management.
- Save, Spend or Donate? A Book About Managing Money by Nancy Loewen
Introduces basic economic concepts through its stories. Smarty the Pig gives tips and advice throughout.
- Working at a Bank by Katie Marsico
Learn about different jobs at a bank, such as: tellers, loan officers, bank managers, personal bankers and security guards.
- I Got Bank: What my Granddad Taught Me About Money by Teri Williams
Increases financial awareness through the story of Jazz Ellington and his savings account.
- Growing Money: A Complete Investing Guide for Kids by Gail Karlitz and Debbie Honig
This complete guide explains in kid-friendly terms all about savings accounts, bonds, stocks, and even mutual funds!
- Money Sense for Kids by Hollis Page Harman
This informative book provides readers with new-issue currency, new information, and several new features, this popular title for older boys and girls tells the story of money.
- The Everything Kids' Money Book: Earn it, save it, and watch it grow! By Brette McWhorter Sember
From saving for a new bike to investing their allowance online, kids get the "cents" they need with this.
- Career Ideas for Kids Who Like Math and Money by Diane Lindsey Reeves and Lindsey Clasen
Filled with career profiles, resources, volunteer opportunities, activity suggestions, and self-discovery questions and quizzes to help kids learn about career paths.
- Warren Buffett: Financier (Ferguson Career Biographies) by Bernard Ryan Jr.
Profile of businessman and investor Warren Buffet, from saving $1200 as a teen with a paper route to becoming a billionaire.
- Stock Market Smart by Eileen Nixon McGowan and Nancy Lagow Dumas
Uses a Question/Answer format to easily explain the stock market. Provides activities, web resources, and a glossary to further kids’ learning.
- A Smart Girl's Guide to Money (American Girl) by Nancy Holyoke, Sara Hunt, and Chris David
This informative book shows girls the ins and outs of money smarts. Quizzes, tips, and quotes from girls make learning about money, saving, and smart shopping fun.
Login to Save.