The school was named in honor of William Jones, who in 1840 became the first and later thirteenth president of the Board of Education.
When was Jones College Prep founded?
How many floors is Jones College Prep?
The seven-story facility houses a state-of-the-art theatrical auditorium, scenic seventh-floor terrace, a competitive swimming pool, and much more. Various events and programs are held at Jones College Prep every week, and we celebrate the diversity these groups bring to the school.
What is Jones college mascot?
|Jones College Prep High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Is Jones College Prep a charter school?
|School Name: Jones College Prep High School||NCES School ID: 170993000990||State School ID: IL-15-016-2990-25-1501629900533|
|Type: Regular school||Status: Open||Charter: No|
|Supervisory Union #: N/A||Grade Span: (grades 9 – 12) 9 10 11 12|
What rank is Jones?
How Jones College Prep High School performed nationally and statewide out of 17,857 nationally ranked schools and 647 schools ranked in Illinois.
|College Readiness Index Rank||#108||#3|
|College Curriculum Breadth Index Rank||#94||#4|
|Math and Reading Proficiency Rank||#85||#3|
How many high schools are in the US?
According to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the United States has more than 24,000 public secondary schools; that number includes many noteworthy public high schools including the 100 Best Public High Schools on this list.
How do I get into Jones College Prep?
General requirements to transfer to Jones College Prep:
- 3.0 unweighted GPA and demonstrated success in a rigorous curriculum.
- Very good attendance.
- No suspensions or major disciplinary infractions.
- Be in good standing at your current school.
- Exemplifies the Jones College Prep mission statement and Grad-at-Grad values.
Is Jones College Prep a selective enrollment?
Jones College Prep, currently a member of the Chicago Public High Schools Magnet Program, became a Selective Enrollment High School in 1999. … Jones’ Selective Enrollment curriculum includes the “expected” Honors and AP classes in English, Science, Math, and World Languages.
How many students are at Lane Tech?
Lane Tech College Prep High School
|Albert Grannis Lane Technical College Preparatory High School|
|Student to teacher ratio||19.22|
|Campus size||33 acres (13 ha)|
Does Jones College Prep have an IB program?
JONES COLLEGE PREP HIGH SCHOOL | International Baccalaureate.
What are the best high schools in Illinois?
2021 Best Public High Schools in Illinois
- Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. Public School. …
- Walter Payton College Prep. Chicago Public Schools, IL. …
- Northside College Preparatory High School. …
- Adlai E. …
- Whitney M. …
- University of Illinois High School. …
- Hinsdale Central High School. …
- Jones College Prep High School.
What high schools are in Chicago?
- Payton College Preparatory High School. Chicago, IL. …
- Northside College Preparatory High School. Chicago, IL. …
- Jones College Prep High School. Chicago, IL. …
- Young Magnet High School. Chicago, IL. …
- Lane Technical High School. Chicago, IL. …
- Adlai E Stevenson High School. Lincolnshire, IL. …
- Lake Forest High School. …
- Libertyville High School.
How many selective enrollment schools are in Chicago?
At the city’s 11 selective-enrollment high schools, acceptance rates budged only slightly over last year, with 17% of students receiving offers from their No. 1 choice schools.