Here is an overview of the different kinds of college degrees. This two-year degree is an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.). Some students who earn this degree transfer to a four-year program to earn a bachelor’s degree. Others complete associate degrees to prepare to go straight to work.
What jobs can you get with 2 years of college?
Many of the top medical fields require an associate’s degree obtained from a community college or health sciences college.
- Radiologic and MRI Technologist.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
- Dental Hygienist.
- Registered Nurse.
- Medical Sonographer.
- Personal Care Aides.
- Home Health Aides.
- Medical or Nursing Assistants.
What degree is 2 years of college?
A 2-year degree program most commonly results in an associate’s degree, and these degrees may be earned at community, technical, and vocational colleges. A 4-year degree, in comparison, is most commonly awarded as a bachelor’s degree at a college or university.
What does a 2-year college mean?
1. ( Education) an educational establishment providing a two-year course that either terminates with an associate degree or is the equivalent of the freshman and sophomore years of a four-year undergraduate course. 2. ( Education) the junior section of a college or university.
Is a 2-year degree worth it?
For the average U.S. worker, there’s a clear benefit to getting a 2-year associate degree. According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in 2018 workers with an associate degree had median weekly earnings of $862, compared with just $730 for people with a high school diploma alone.
What is the easiest degree that pays well?
The Top 10 Quick and Easy Degrees that Pay Well
- Business Administration.
- Human Resources.
- Information Technology.
- Management Information Systems.
What is the easiest 2-year degree to get?
Here are 25 accelerated online associate’s degrees that you can earn in less than two years.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration. …
- Associate of Arts in Psychology. …
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice. …
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science. …
- Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies.
What is a 6 year degree called?
Masters Degree – six year degree
A Masters Degree is a Graduate Degree. The master’s degree is a graduate school degree that typically requires two years of full-time coursework to complete.
What is a 2-year degree called?
An associate degree is an undergraduate degree awarded after a course of post-secondary study lasting two to three years. It is a level of qualification between a high school diploma, GED, and a bachelor’s degree.
How many years is a Phd?
On average, a Ph. D. may take up to eight years to complete. A doctorate degree typically takes four to six years to complete—however, this timing depends on the program design, the subject area you’re studying, and the institution offering the program.
What are the pros and cons of a 2-year college?
The Pros and Cons of Pursuing a 2-year College Degree
- Few degree options. …
- Less prestige. …
- Higher degree. …
- Transferring credits can be very difficult. …
- Different atmosphere. …
- Less access to research. …
- Fewer campus resources. …
- Too much “home” and less campus life.
Is a two-year college better than four?
A: Not in the general sense. Community college courses can be just as rigorous as some university classes. However, it is possible that you’ll receive more individualized instruction and academic support than you would at a four-year university.
Is a BA a 2-year degree?
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) program is a regular 2-year degree program in which students are offered with a combination of any two of areas from the available electives: Business, Journalism, Psychology, Computer Science and Education.
What jobs make 60k a year?
20 Jobs Where You Can Make $60,000 Out of College
- Market Research Analyst.
- Compensation, Benefits and Job Analysis Specialist. …
- Film and Video Editor. …
- Conservation Scientist or Forester. …
- Human Resources Specialist. …
- High School Teacher. …
- Respiratory Therapist. …
- Public Relations Specialist. Median annual salary in 2018: $60,000. …
What is the highest paying job with a 2 year degree?
Highest Paying 2-Year Degrees
|Rank:1||Physician Assistant Studies||Degree Type:Associates|
|2||Radiation Therapy||Degree Type:Associates|
|3||Advertising & Marketing Communications||Degree Type:Associates|
|4||Software Engineering||Degree Type:Associates|
What 4 year degree makes the most money?
Highest Paying Jobs With a Bachelor’s Degree
|Rank||Major||Early Career Pay|
|Rank:1||Petroleum Engineering||Early Career Pay:$92,300|
|2||Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EECS)||Early Career Pay:$101,200|
|3||Applied Economics and Management||Early Career Pay:$60,900|
|3||Operations Research||Early Career Pay:$78,400|