What are good questions to ask at a college visit?
Questions to Ask Tour Guides About Student Life
How did you meet your friends, and what do students do for fun? Do many students attend varsity athletic games? How does the school build community and foster cultural understanding? What are the hot-button issues on campus?
What are 3 questions you should ask when on a college visit?
- What’s it like to be a first-year student here?
- What’s a typical day like?
- How much time do students spend studying per week?
- What do you do when you’re not in class?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- What is the social scene like?
- What kinds of things are there to do in your school’s hometown?
- How’s the food?
What should parents wear to a college visit?
For parents, I’d really try to avoid wearing a suit. I know this can be tempting, but think business casual, or even a cross between casual and business casual. If you wear a suit, you will stand out. In general, you want to avoid standing out and you just want to blend in with the group.
What to do when your parents visit you at college?
5 Activities To Do When Your Parents Come Visit You At College
- Show them around campus. Parents love to see what school they are spending their money on. …
- Have them take you and your friends out to dinner.
- Take them to a sports game. …
- Have your family take you shopping.
- Take them off campus.
What’s a good question to ask?
71 Good Questions To Ask Your Best Friends
- What embarrasses you the most and/or what’s been your most embarrassing moment?
- Who do you look up to the most, and what qualities do you love about that person?
- What would be your perfect day? …
- What’s your biggest fear?
- How do you like to be comforted when you’re sad or upset?
What questions should you ask college coaches?
Questions to Ask College Coaches on the Phone
- Are you recruiting my position?
- Do you have a timeline for recruiting my position?
- What are you looking for in a player for my position?
- Where do I fit on your list of recruits?
- What are my opportunities for playing time?
What majors are popular?
The 10 Most Popular College Majors
- Business. Business degrees are among the most popular undergraduate degrees conferred by postsecondary institutions. …
- Health Professions. …
- Social Sciences and History. …
- Engineering. …
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences. …
- Psychology. …
- Communication and Journalism. …
- Visual and Performing Arts.
How do I ask for more money for college?
To appeal for more financial aid for college, follow these steps:
- Call the college financial aid office to ask about the appeals process. …
- Identify the special circumstances that affect your ability to pay for college. …
- Write an appeal letter. …
- Don’t ask for a specific amount of money.
What are 4 types of financial aid you can qualify for?
Grants, work-study, loans, and scholarships help make college or career school affordable.
Should parents go on college visits?
Visiting Colleges With Parents Is a Good Idea
Parents’ help is valuable in coordinating travel, accommodations and logistics. They can help you get to campus and the surrounding areas more easily. When you visit colleges, allow time to explore nearby districts or cities together.
What should you not wear in college?
On the list of items students should never wear, were swimsuits, furry shoes (slippers), sunglasses, visible bra straps, leggings as pants, thongs (in conjunction with low-rise jeans) and junderwear (also known as jean shorts).
Can you wear ripped jeans to a college visit?
Keep It Casual, but Not Too Casual
While a college tour certainly doesn’t call for a tuxedo or a prom dress, ripped jeans, ratty t-shirts, or stained sweats may not make the best first impression on the people you meet. … Jeans are perfectly acceptable if the fabric’s intact and the cuffs aren’t too tattered.
How often should you visit your child in college?
I would suggest visiting only one or two times a semester if you live a drivable distance away. First semester specifically is an important time for your freshman to transition to college life. If you live in the same town, visiting him every month or so may be best.
Can parents visit dorms?
Your parents can visit the dorm, but they can’t enter without your permission. Of course, going back home in Thanksgiving might be a problem.