- VIEW: Back to Basics
Designed for inexperienced VIEW users, new users, or anyone who has not attended a workshop in the last three years, this session will take a counselor's tour through the VIEW website. We will set up personalized folders, and explore the collection of new and updated resources. During the session we will discuss different ways to use VIEW resources with students, parents, and professionals. This session will be held in a computer lab for a hands-on experience!
- Full STEAM Ahead! Bringing STEAM to Your School
Join us and explore how Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM) share important attributes necessary for success in the workplace. Create and take home resources to encourage teachers and administrators to support career development and participate in a school-wide STEAM-focused career week!
- Character Education Using Career Development
Come experience a hands-on approach to bridging character education and career development. Engage in activities exploring how pillars of character are essential for career success. Take home a calendar of activities to implement over the course of the school year that delve into character development using career exploration!
- Promoting Careers in Information Technology
Integrating art, apps, e-textiles, coding, and more, this session will provide advice and resources intended to promote student interest in information technology careers and help students develop 21st century skills. Throughout the session we will explore the resources - including comprehensive lesson plans, outreach exemplars, and Line Chaserz® - and discuss how they can serve as simple and affordable ways to integrate technology in the classroom and after-school technology clubs!
Fall 2015 Workshops Series
6 Workshops will be offered across the state of Virginia
- Choose 2 out of 4 sessions. In an effort to provide more comprehensive training, we are offering a total of 4 sessions this year instead of 6 sessions as we have in the past.
- All workshops will be held from 7:30AM-12PM. In accordance with Virginia's Licensure Renewal Manual, p. 9, we will provide 4 hours of in-classroom training during this Professional Conference.
- Participants will earn 5 Continuing Education points for completing 4 hours of training.
- Partial credit will not be available
- Some sessions may fill up faster than others
- All sessions apply to grades K-8
- Cost: Free (Parking fees apply in Roanoke)
- Roanoke: $5
- Virginia Career VIEW cannot pay for parking
- Sessions are held in computer labs / classrooms
- For all workshops locations: We strongly recommend bringing a flash drive (to save documents) for sessions held in the computer lab.
- Registering online:
- After registering for a workshop an initial email confirmation will be sent
- Approximately one week prior to the workshop a reminder email will be sent including
- Parking information
- Facilities information
- A certificate of completion will be provided at the conclusion of each workshop
Fall 2015 Workshops
View the Fall 2015 Workshop Schedule and Register Online.
- Fall 2015 Workshop Flier
- Print this flier to give others workshop information
- Send this flier as a pdf attachment to others
- Post this flier as a pdf on a website
- Note: registration is online only
- Workshop Materials
- Coming soon
- View / Change Workshop Information
Cancel or change workshop.
- View or modify existing user account
- Change Password
- Update Contact Information
- Request an Outreach
Request a Virginia Career VIEW Outreach Coordinator for an on-site event,
meeting, or training
Virginia Career VIEW Information Line 1-800-542-5870
( Only within the state of Virginia )
( Only within the state of Virginia )