Career Book List: Education & Training
- Norman the Doorman by Don Freeman
Norman, a door mouse, serves as a doorman, curator, and tour guide for the art exhibits located in the basement of an art museum. He also enjoys creating his own artwork and one day hopes to see the gallery in the museum.
- If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss
While touring a zoo, Gerald McGrew imagines the changes he would make if he ran the zoo. The story follows his imaginative journey to find unusual animals for his zoo.
- Frankly Frannie: Principal for the Day by AJ Stern
When the school principal announces a competition to be principal for a day, Frannie knows the job is perfect for her. Trouble soon follows and Frannie must decide how to deal with it.
- Check It Out! The Book About Libraries by Gail Gibbons
Offers a brightly colored introduction to the library and its services.
- Goldisocks and the Three Libearians by Jackie Mims Hopkins
A spin on the classic fairytale, Goldisocks comes across a house made of books on the way to school and decides to explore, becoming consumed with the books she finds inside.
- Library Lil by Suzanne Williams
Library Lil struggles to get the townspeople away from their TVs until a storm knocks out the power and she can show them the joy of reading. But when Bust ‘em up Bill and his motorcycle gang comes to town, Lil must convince them that reading is fun too.
- T is for Teacher: A School Alphabet by Stephen L. Layne and Deborah Dover Layne
By using the alphabet, this book highlights the people, objects, and activities found in a school.
- I Want to be a Teacher by Dan Liebman
Helps children understand the responsibilities that come with this occupation.
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate and Ashley Wolff
It's the first day of kindergarten and Miss Bindergarten is hard at work getting the classroom ready for her twenty-six new students. This rhyming, brightly illustrated book is the perfect way to practice the alphabet and to introduce young children to kindergarten.
- There’s A Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom by Louis Sachar
Bradley Chalkers is a 5th grade bully without any friends. A new school counselor, Carla, helps Bradley see the good in himself and gain confidence.
- Dr. Brad has Gone Mad! (My Weird School Daze #7) by Dan Gutman
School counselor Dr. Brad just wants everyone to get along. He uses some strange methods to achieve this goal.
- Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids) by Debbie Dadey and Marcia T. Jones -The kids in the third grade at Bailey Elementary are so hard to handle that all of their teachers have quit. But their new teacher, Mrs. Jeepers, is different to say the least.
- Career Ideas for Teens in Education and Training by Diane Lindsey Reeves and Gail Karlitz
Provides career profiles of jobs in this cluster as well as resources, volunteer opportunities, activity suggestions, and self-discovery questions and quizzes to help discover a career path.
- Head of the Class: Have You Got What It Takes to Be an Early Childhood Teacher? (On the Job) by Lisa Thompson
Explores the responsibilities and skills needed to work with young children.
- Teaching (Discovering Careers for Your Future) by Ferguson (Corporate Author)
Explores different career profiles to helps students determine their interest in the field.
- Learning Green: Careers in Education (Green-Collar Careers) by Suzy Gazlay
Offers a look at some nontraditional careers in the education field, including: environmental education programs, zookeeper, and alliance with rainforest groups.
- My Teacher Is an Alien (My Teachers Books) by Bruce Coville and Mike Wimmer
Susan Simmons can tell that her new substitute teacher is really weird. But she doesn't know how weird until she catches him peeling off his face -- and realizes that "Mr. Smith" is really an alien!
Login to Save.